12th November´s lesson 3º C (in person & online)

 Comenzamos la clase realizando la ficha que  tenéis a continuación. Los alumnos la realizan en clase y me la entregan (12-15 minutos). Para los que están en casa les comparto la ficha durante la transmisión. Esta ficha es una práctica para preparar el examen de la semana que viene.

1 Complete the sentences with the past simple or past continuous form of the verbs in brackets.

1 Maria is so impatient. She ____________ (send) me three urgent messages while I ____________ (do) my exam.

2 I wanted to play sport all season, but I ___________ (fall) over and broke my arm when I ___________ (play) rugby.

3 While I ___________ (look after) my little sister, my older brother ___________ (make) dinner.

4 When it ___________ (rain), the sun ___________ (come) out and we saw a beautiful rainbow.

5 When I ___________ (have) a shower, I slipped and ___________ (hit) my head on the bathroom wall.

6 The bell for the end of class ___________ (ring) as the teacher ___________ (tell) us about the homework.

2 Join the two sentences using the words in brackets.

1 We were having dinner. My sister told us about her exciting day. (while)

______________________________________________________________

2 The children were waiting behind the door. I opened it. (as)

______________________________________________________________

3 My friends hung out at our place. Their parents were working. (while)

______________________________________________________________

4 The guests were arriving at the party. The waiters served the food. (as)

______________________________________________________________

5 I was a student. I walked to school alone. (when)

______________________________________________________________

6 My parents helped me. I was starting university. (when)

______________________________________________________________

3 Complete the questions for the answers. Then in pairs, ask and answer the questions.

1 A: What ____________ at 6 pm yesterday?

B: I was doing my maths homework.

2 A: Did you ___________ a pet when you were a child?

B: No, we didn’t use to have a garden, so we never had any pets.

3 A: What did you ____________ to be when you grew up?

B: I used to want to be a musician in a band.

4 A: What ________ to celebrate your birthday?

B: I went to the cinema and then for a pizza.

5 A: Did you ____________ a bike when you were little?

B: Well, I used to have a tricycle when I was four.

6 A: What ____________ during the last break when the bell rang?

B: I was playing football in the school yard.

4 Complete the text with the past simple, past continuous or used to forms of the verbs in brackets. Sometimes more than one answer is possible.

My friend Sergio 1 ________ (play) tennis at a high level when he was younger. Every weekend he had a match to play in so he 2 ________ (not go) out with his friends very much. However, one day he 3 ________ (break) his wrist while he
4 ________ (hit) the ball. He 5 ________ (stop) playing so seriously and became more sociable. I
6 ________ (meet) him last week when he
7 ________ (hang out) and watching TV with friends. He looked very happy. He said, ‘I 8 ______ think life was all about competitions, but now I know there is more to life than winning!’



Durante la clase he mirado los WB´s de los alumnos. La gran mayoría no tiene hechas las  actividades que he mandado, a saber desde la página 4 a la 14 (excepto la página 13).


CLASSWORK

WB


Repasamos gramática y corregimos páginas 10 y 11


HOMEWORK:


HOMEWORK

Hacer el READING de las páginas 18 y 19 del STUDENT´S BOOK, después de leer el texto dos veces se contestan los ejercicios: 1,2,3,4,5 y 6 en el cuaderno. Corregiremos en clase y diré las notas de las redacciones enviadas el 11 de Noviembre.




***********HACER (DESPUÉS DE CASI DOS SEMANAS) LAS ACTIVIDADES DEL WB. de la Unidad 1 Be Inspired, Collaborate 3. No he mandado nada más del WB ya que la gran mayoría de alumnos tienen los deberes sin hacer. Colgar los ejercicios resueltos es inútil porque copiar las respuestas no es saber hacer un ejercicio.










Comentarios