Reported Questions



 15th May next exam








QUESTIONS IN REPORTED SPEECH

We have explained the questions in Reported Speech, id est,  yes/no questions, wh-words questions and subject questions.



Here you have the corrections of the given photocopy.

1.     -"Where is my umbrella?" she asked. 
She asked where her umbrella was.
2.    -"How are you?" Martin asked us.
Martin asked us how we were.
3.    -He asked, "Do I have to do it?"
He asked if he had to do it.
4.    -"Where have you been?" the mother asked her daughter.
The mother asked her daughter where she had been.
5.    -"Which of the dresses do you like best?" she asked her boyfriend.
She asked her boyfriend which of the dresses he liked best.
6.    -"What are they doing?" she asked.
She asked what they were doing.
7.    -"Are you going to the cinema?" he asked me
He asked me if I was going to the cinema.
8.    -The teacher asked, "Who speaks English?"
The teacher asked who spoke English.
9.    -"How do you know that?" she asked me.
She asked me how I knew that.
10.  -"Has Caron talked to Kevin?" my friend asked me.
My friend asked me if Caron had talked to Kevin.
11.    -"What's the time?" he asked.
He asked what the time was.
12.  -"When will we meet again?" she asked me.
She asked me when we would meet again.
13.  -"Are you crazy?" she asked him.
She asked him if he was crazy.
14.  -"Where did they live?" he asked.
He asked where they had lived.
15.  -"Will you be at the party?" he asked her.
 He asked her if she´d be at the party.
16. -"Can you meet me at the station?" she asked me.
She asked me if I could meet her at the station.
17. -"Who knows the answer?" the teacher asked.
The teacher asked who knew the answer.
18. -"Why don't you help me?" she asked him.
She asked him why he didn´t help her.
19. -"Did you see that car?" he asked me.
He asked me if I had seen the car.
20. -"Have you tidied up your room?" the mother asked the twins. 
She asked the twins if they had tidied up their room.
21. -"Where have you been?" he asked.
He asked where they had been.
22. -"What time did it start?" he wanted to know. 
He wanted to know what time it had started.
23. -"Why won't he do it?" she wondered.
She wondered why he wouldn´t do it?
24. –“Why can´t you come to my party?” Sally asked me.
Sally asked me why I couldn´t come to her party.

7 Mayo 2015 / 1º Bachillerato 3 y 4







Comentarios