1º BACHILLERATO PENDIENTES

QUESTIONS IN REPORTED SPEECH

As we are having the retake exam of 1º Ampliación Pendientes at 2:45 I ´ve asked María and Algenis to prepare SB, pages 92-93 at home. I f you haven´t attended class for next week we are doing exercises on those pages to be corrected next 17th March. I hope the explanation to be clear. If you need more input just send a message and let me know.


En las preguntas pasamos de pregunta directa a indirecta.
 "Where do they sell the tickets?", pasa a ser: He asked where they sold the tickets. 
Aquí hay más ejemplos con traducciones.
Direct SpeechReported Speech
What
"What are you looking for?"He asked what I was looking for
Where
"Where can we go tonight?"She asked where they could go that night
When
"When did they go to India?"He asked when they had gone to India
Who
"Who told you that?"He asked me who had told me that
How
"How old are the twins?"He asked how old the twins were
Why
"Why did Carla leave so early?"He asked why Carla had left so early
Which
"Which skirt did you choose?"She asked me which skirt I had chosen
Whose
"Whose dog is missing?"He asked whose dog was missing
Yes-no questions
"Are these your glasses?"He asked me if those were my glasses
"Isn't that Jen's boyfriend?"She asked me if that wasn't Jen's boyfriend

What
Where
  • John: "What are you looking for?"
    John: "¿Qué estás buscando?"
  • He asked me what I was looking for
    Él me preguntó qué estaba buscando


  • Jack: "What did your parents do for a living?"
    Jack: "¿En qué trabajaban tus padres?"
  • He asked me what my parents did for a living
    Él me preguntó de qué trabajaban mis padres


  • Mary: "Where can we go tonight?"
    Mary: "¿Adónde podemos ir esta noche?"
  • She asked where they could go that night
    Ella preguntó adónde podían ir esa noche


  • Mike: "Where do they sell the tickets?"
    Mike: "¿Dónde venden las entradas?"
  • He asked where they sold the tickets
    Él preguntó dónde vendían las entradas


  • Peter: "When does Daniel arrive?"
    Peter: "¿Cuándo lleaga Daniel?"
  • He asked when Daniel arrived
    Él preguntó cuándo llegaba Daniel


  • Bill: "When did they go to India?"
    Bill: "¿Cuándo fueron a la India?"
  • He asked when they had gone to India
    Él preguntó cuándo habían ido a la India


  • Sam: "Who told you that?"
    Sam: "¿Quién te dijo eso?"
  • He asked me who had told me that
    Él me preguntó quién me había dicho eso


  • Tom: "Who can help me with this?"
    Tom: "¿Quién me puede ayudar con esto?"
  • He asked who could help him with that
    Él preguntó quién lo podía ayudar con eso


  • Bob: "How old are the twins?"
    Bob: "¿Qué edad tienen los mellizos?"
  • He asked how old the twins were
    Él preguntó qué edad tenían los mellizos


  • Ellen: "How much money have you spent?"
    Ellen: "¿Cuánto dinero has gastado?"
  • She asked me how much money I had spent
    Ella me preguntó cuánto dinero había gastado


  • Richard: "Why did Carla leave so early?"
    Richard: "¿Por qué se fue tan temprano Carla?"
  • He asked why Carla had left so early
    Él preguntó por qué Carla se había ido tan temprano


  • Joe: "Why are they screaming?"
    Joe: "¿Por qué están gritando?"
  • He asked why they were screaming
    Él preguntó por qué estaban gritando


  • Kim: "Which skirt did you choose?"
    Kim: "¿Cuál falda elegiste?"
  • She asked me which skirt I had chosen
    Ella me preguntó cuál falda había elegido


  • Henry: "Which play are we going to see?"
    Henry: "¿Cuál obra vamos a ver?"
  • He asked which play we were going to see.
    Él preguntó cuál obra íbamos a ver


  • Jack: "Whose dog is missing?"
    Jack: "¿El perro de quién se perdió?"
  • He asked whose dog was missing
    Él preguntó el perro de quién se había perdido


  • George: "Whose essay have you corrected?"
    George: "¿El ensayo de quién corergiste?"
  • He asked me whose essay I had corrected
    Él me preguntó el ensayo de quién había corregido


  • Peter: "Are these your glasses?"
    Peter: "¿Estos anteojos son tuyos?"
  • He asked me if those were my glasses
    Él me preguntó si esos eran mis anteojos


  • Sally: "Isn't that Jen's boyfriend?"
    Sally: "¿Ése no es el novio de Jen?"
  • She asked me if that wasn't Jen's boyfriend
    Ella me preguntó si ése no era el novio de Jen


  • Mark: "Do you need any help?"
    Mark: "¿Necesitas ayuda?"
  • He asked me if I needed any help
    Él me preguntó si necesitaba ayuda


  • John: "Doesn't Mark study Law?"
    John: "¿Mark no estudia Derecho?"
  • He asked me if Mark didn't study Law
    Él me preguntó si Mark no estudiaba Derecho
  • Tom: "Have you got a sheet of paper?"
    Tom: "¿Tienes una hoja?
  • He asked me if I had a sheet of paper
    Él me preguntó si tenía una hoja


  • Harry: "Did you see 'Macbeth' last night?"
    Harry: "¿Viste 'Macbeth' anoche?"
  • He asked me if I had seen 'Macbeth' the previous night
    Él me preguntó si había visto 'Macbeth' la noche anterior


  • Joe: "Weren't you at Bill's party?"
    Joe: "¿Tú no estabas en la fiesta de Bill?"
  • He asked me if I hadn't been at Bill's party
    Él me preguntó si yo no había estado en la fiesta de Bill


  • Carol: "Have you read the news?"
    Carol: "¿Leíste las noticias?"
  • She asked me if I had read the news
    Ella me preguntó si había leído las noticias
  • Mike: "Hasn't Jane been to New York?"
    Mike: "¿Jane no ha estado en Nueva York?"
  • He asked if Jane hadn't been to New York
    Él preguntó si Jane no había estado en Nueva York


  • Paul: "Will you go to the meeting?"
    Paul: "¿Irás a la reunión?"
  • He asked me if I would go to the meeting
    Él me preguntó si iría a la reunión


  • Mary: "Can I stay a bit longer?"
    Mary: "¿Puedo quedarme un poco más?"
  • She asked if she could stay a bit longer
    Ella preguntó si se podía quedar un poco más


  • Tim: "Shouldn't you be at school?"
    Tim: "¿No deberías estar en la escuela?"
  • He asked me if I shouldn't be at school
    Él me preguntó si no debería estar en la escuela




TEACHING
YOUR
CURIOUS MINDS
IS REACHING
OUT
THE SKY
AND THE SKY
IS THE LIMIT
FOR THOSE
WHO KEEP
ON TRYING


Comentarios