Shoooopping-!!!

 
Useful Shopping Phrases
 
 Finding a Shop Opening Hours
 
 Questions
 Can you recommend a good toy/clothes shop?
 Is there a chemists/supermarket in the area?
 Where can I get toothpaste/pet food?
Where's the nearest shopping centre?
 
Answers/Comments
There's a really good bookshop just around the corner.
You can buy that here in the hotel.
The best toy shop is in the shopping centre.
The nearest one is a few miles away.
 
 Questions
What time do you open, please?
 What time do you close, please?
What are your opening hours?
Are you open all day?
 
Answers/Comments  
 We're open 24/7. (24 hours a day / 7 days a week)
 We're closed at lunchtime, between 12 and 2pm.
We're open from 9am till 6pm, Monday to Friday.
 
Shopping for Clothes /Paying
 
Questions
 Could you help me, please?
 Could you tell me where the ................ department is?
 Excuse me, I'm looking for a .......... .
  Is there somewhere I can try this on, please?
 Does it suit me?
Do you have this in a (larger/smaller size) (different colour), please?
 Do you do alterations?
 Do you have a refund policy?
 Is this in the sale?
 
 Answers/Comments
 It's too long / short. It's too tight / loose.
 The ladies / gents changing rooms are over there.
 You can bring it back and exchange it or get a refund within 2 weeks if you keep the receipt.
Questions
Do you take credit cards?
Do you give credit?
 Do you have a loyalty card?
 Does it have a warranty?
Can I pay by cheque?
Do you offer a cash discount?
Could I have a VAT receipt, please?
Could I leave my bags here and pick them up later?
 
 Answers/Comments
 We take all the major credit cards.
We only accept cheques with a cheque card.
We are offering 6 months free credit with no deposit.
 Sorry, no.
Yes, certainly.
 Dialogue
 
 
 
 

Comentarios